Sunday 7 July 2013

Deerhoof

Headliner: Deerhoof
Venue: Bodega Social Club Nottingham 
Date: 26 June 2013
Support: Dusty Bible

So it's been a while, this was the first gig since Dot to Dot but I guess that's the way it goes sometimes.

First up tonight was Dusty Bible a crazy Canadian fellow playing Beefheart style blues music, not so much a group, but more bass and drums back up for some crazy guitar work.

I'm not sure if they had much song structure or just finished the songs when the guitarist was bored.


Saying that.... I really enjoyed their set.

Next up Deerhoof, The last time I saw these was at Alexandra palace on the same bill as Dinosaur Jr and The Flaming Lips.  You don't need to be a genius to work out how epic that was!

Anyway Deerhoof are mental none of their songs make any sense... BUT at the same time make total sense.

I really enjoyed their set including the classic Panda, which I was annoying work colleagues with by singing all the next day at work.



No comments:

Post a Comment