Sunday 13 July 2014

Mongol Horde


Headliner: Mongol Horde
Venue: Rock City basement
Date: 27th June 2014
Support: Oxygen Thief, Palehorse

A Friday night show at Rock City can only mean one thing, early doors, early finish which means once again I missed the first band apologies to Oxygen thief, but hey I like your new album!

Next up Palehorse and the first set of the night for Ben Dawson on drums former Million Dead drummer playing with both Palehorse and Mongol Horde tonight.

2 Bass Players, 1 Drummer, 2 Vocalists and they made a right racket!

Time for Mongol Horde!!

It's no secret that I'm a massive Frank Turner fan and don't want to go on and on again about but he's one of favourite musicians and when the Mongol Horde project was announced the other year I though the couple of club shows and festivals was all it would be as the man never seems to be off the road long enough.

I was delighted when the album came out it's a monster with genius lyrics and brutal musician ship and was well excited when a show in the basement of Rock City was announced.

Starting off with The Yurt Locker and Winky Face before the a cracking cover of Bulls on Parade.  It was clear to me that Frank was enjoying this side project, Mongol Hordes songs mixed in with a few covers Epic by Faith No More, Weenie Beenie by the Foo Fighters and Refuse/ Resist by as Soulfly, ok we all know it was Sepultura and I think I actually preferred this version to when I saw Soulfly do it earlier in the year at the same venue.

Mongol Horde were awesome sadly this will probably be the only time they tour, but at least I saw them.








No comments:

Post a Comment